FrontMumbaiNationNewsTop Stories
Trending

Maharashtra takes control of 80% private hospital beds amid COVID-19 rise

In Maharashtra the number of Coronavirus cases is setting a new record so the government has decided to take 80 percent control of all private hospital beds in the state till August 31 and also capped the cost of 270 procedures and surgeries, including cancer treatments. The state on Friday reported 2,940 new coronavirus patients, highest single-day spike till date.

As following complaints of excessive fees charged by the private hospitals for treatment, on Thursday night the government has issued the orders stating the decision of capping treatment charges. Fee regulation decisions applied to both isolation and non-isolation beds in private and charitable hospitals.

In Maharashtra the non-government health care providers have been asked to accommodate a maximum number of patients with 80 per cent of the operational bed capacity to be regulated by rates sanctioned by the government.

According to the government notification, healthcare providers may charge their own rates to the remaining 20 per cent beds. There will be no difference in quality of treatment in 80 per cent and 20 per cent categories, it said

There will be three rate slabs on a per day basis — `4,000, `7,500 and `9,000 for Covid-19 patients based on the category of wards they have been admitted in. Whereas for non-COVID patients hospitals which have agreements with insurance companies will follow the rate of lowest slab irrespective of the category of beds occupied by the patient.

However with 2,940 new COVID-19 cases the state tally is now 44,582 and 63 patients have succumbed to the deadly disease, taking the death toll due to the pandemic in the state to 1,517. State officials said this was the sixth consecutive day when the state reported more than 2,000 new coronavirus cases; Maharashtra reported 2,345 positive cases with 64 fatalities on Thursday these numbers have built a pressure on the government and it has forced the state to take unprecedented steps.

On Friday out of 63 deaths due to Coronavirus 27 were reported from Mumbai, whereas nine from Pune, eight from Jalgaon, five from Solapur, three from Vasai-Virar, three from Aurangabad city, two from Satara and one each from Malegaon, Thane, Kalyan-Dombivali, Ulhasnagar, Panvel, Nagpur.

So far from overall figures, Mumbai alone accounts for 27,251 cases and 909 deaths. There are 1,949 containment zones in the state. 4, 69,276 people are in home quarantine and 28,430 in institutional quarantine.

-Davinder Panesar, NMTV News

Tags

NMTV

NMTV was launched in the year 1999, and is Maharashtra only accredited 24-hour, 7-day-a-week local cable news station of Navi Mumbai airing news bulletins and programs in English, Hindi and Marathi. NMTV represents the state-of-the-art in local television news coverage, delivering on a commitment of responsible and community-oriented journalism on an around-the-clock basis.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close