Maharashtra Government has extended lockdown till June 30 in containment zones announced on Sunday, the Central Government has also issued detailed workplace guidelines to be followed in public and private offices, which will open in a phased manner.
According to the government instead of conducting meetings in office, video conferences should be scheduled. Similarly government expects officers and staff to use e-office and send all its communication through e-mails.
However, public should be given limited entry into offices and temperature checks should be conducted at all entry points. In Government vehicles officers and staff are prohibited to travel in larger number
Following are the guidelines to be implemented in offices:
- All employees and visitors will be screened through a thermal scanner before entering office.
- Windows of the office will be kept open throughout the day ventilation.
- The employees in the office should wear at least triple layer mask during the office hours.
- Employees are advised not to touch their face to avoid infection.
- All the employees in the office should use tissue paper or a handkerchief if they have a cough/cold,handkerchiefs should be clean and washed daily.
- Employees have to maintain a three feet distance from each other while working and seating arrangement should be altered.
- In the entrance of the office hand sanitizer should be provided and in washroom soap/handwash should be provided to the employees.
- Everyone should wash their hand with soaps after using the toilets and at least for 20 seconds hand should be washed as well as in every 2 hours.
- Frequently used things such as. Lifts, tables, chairs etc shall be sanitised thrice a day with sodium hypochlorite.
- All other office equipment like printer, scanner, computer etc shall be sanitised with an alcohol-based sanitiser
-Davinder Panesar, NMTV News