Even as the humanitarian crisis of COVID-19 intensifies, true leadership comes to fore during times of disruption and upheaval in revealing a responsible people’s leader.
Former Guardian Minister and Airoli MLA Ganesh Naik has undoubtedly emerged to appear as a strengthened, compassionate, confident, forward looking personality with exceptional leadership skills in marking his aura even amid dwindling and fearful times of COVID-19 as such.
Ganesh Naik’s resonant leadership shone during his Janta Darbar days which became renowned and much admired when he personally made it a point to address the pressing issues of citizens and offered them a hand of relief.
Even as the advent of COVID-19 emerged to be the worst ever health crisis of the decade taking over the world, it still couldn’t stop Ganesh Naik in getting down on his feet to ensure a speedy redressal for the rising problems of Navi Mumbaikars.
After a beeline of politicians visited NMMC HQ to meet the newly appointed Commissioner Abhijit Bangar, it was Airoli MLA Ganesh Naik’s meet that was much awaited, Ganesh Naik was accompanied by Mayor JD Sutar, Former MP Sanjeev Naik, Former MLA Sandeep Naik along with notable party workers.
The meet then kept following as Ganesh Naik’s irrepressible and uncompromising attitude towards his city and his citizens issues kept drawing him to NMMC HQ for weekly follow-up visits sparking the rise of the People’s Leader Again.
With not many knowing that Former Minister and Airoli MLA Ganesh Naik in his 25 years of leadership tenure has not set his foot inside the municipal corporation even once, but with COVID-19 bringing upon miseries unforeseen, A resilient Ganesh Naik has taken it up on him to go beyond his stature this time round to resolve the grievances of the public and here are the storm rider’s top demands from his COVID meets till date with NMMC Chief.
GANESH NAIK’S EXCLUSIVE COVID MEETS WITH NMMC CHIEF ABHIJIT BANGAR
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 1.0
1) Making NMMC Hospitals at Vashi COVID cases free & opening it for public.
2) Speeding up process of setting a NMMC laboratory in Navi Mumbai.
3) Making two crucial injections Tocilizumab & Remdesivir available for both private & NMMC Hospitals
4) Making exclusive ‘only women’ COVID facilities in NMMC Hospitals at Vashi, Nerul & Airoli to ensure safety of women.
5) Increasing ICU beds, ventilators, other equipment and man-power including more centres in unutilized spaces in MIDC as per expectations of COVID graph increasing in months to come.
6) Launch one helpline to give citizens information about COVID beds available and where.
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 2.0
1) Making NMMC Hospitals at Vashi, Nerul & Airoli open to public for non-COVID treatments.
2) Making two crucial injections free of cost for those who cannot afford it.
3) Speeding up certificates for non-COVID patients to ensure their treatment for other health issues is not delayed in hospitals.
4) Setting up CCTV cameras in the COVID facility at Vashi Exhibition Centre.
5) Taking action against schools who are violating relaxations approved for parents to pay fees.
6) Taking action against exorbitant billing by private hospitals.
7) NMMC should make mobiles or tablets available for students hailing from economically weaker backgrounds in wake of online education.
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 3.0
1) X-ray, dialysis and blood tests to begin at COVID Facility at CIDCO Exhibition Centre to nullify any chances of transmission.
2) Do direct transfer of scholarships to NMMC students in their bank accounts.
3) Private hospitals to make 50% beds available for COVID cases, 10 of will be ventilator beds.
4) As per increasing graph of cases, vacant buildings to be scanned in the city to create more quarantine facilities.
5) gear up work to make Vashi Hospital COVID free
6) Waive off water tax & property tax for all 6 months of lockdown between March to September
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 4.0
1) Conducting COVID-19 tests or launching an initiative to ensure as Navi Mumbai unlocks shops to businesses, it is done safely.
2) NMMC support to shops, malls, businesses to check #SocialDistancing & Sanitization rules are implemented as per World Health Organisation.
3) Violation of scientific disposal of bio-medical waste at Vashi NMMC Hospital & other private hospitals.
4) Complaints of non-regular doctor visit at NMMC’s COVID Facility at Vashi.
5) Financial aid or relief policy for persons with disabilities whose booths & stalls have been closed since 4 months.
6) Increased water bills in Turbhe.
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 5.0
1) Discourage black-marketing of Tocilizumab & Remdesivir vaccinations being used for treatment of COVID-19 patients. Make them easily available to people.
2) Citizens who had surgeries including appendectomy and hernia among others scheduled in March March & April in NMMC Hospitals, are being forced to go to private hospitals putting financial burden on them, NMMC must open medical services for non-COVID cases in its hospitals at the earliest.
3) The treatment being given to asymptomatic COVID cases must be received.
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 6.0
1) Ward wise conversations with top management of banks to make public loans available for agriculture and industry to keep them running in tough COVID times.
2) Shortage of Vitamin C medicines in NMMC Hospital.
3) Speeding up implementation of Corona Warrior Kawach Life Insurance Scheme.
4) Making sanitizers available at NMMC Medical Facilities.
5) Plasma Therapy for COVID treatment.
6) Creating an ICU at Vashi’s COVID Facility that can even handle surgeries as complex as heart surgery.
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 7.0
1) Review medical treatments as COVID deaths’ graphs escalates in the city.
2) Make a policy as citizens fear poor treatment in NMMC COVID facilities and exorbitant billing in private hospitals.
3) NMMC’s Realtime Dashboard has incorrect figures on actual availability of beds, oxygen beds and ventilators.
4) Shortage of oxygen beds, ventilators beds and ambulance in NMMC is delaying medical treatment resulting in death in some cases.
5) The COVID treatment being given to NMMC patients in Panvel’s India Bulls does not have doctors, timely checks on oxygen levels of patients and poor quality of food.
6) Take action against the PPE kits billing loot by private hospitals.
7) Speed up the process of adding beds, oxygen cylinders and ventilators at Dr D Y Patil Hospital, Turbhe’s Radhaswami Satsangh Ashram and APMC and Sanpada’s MGM Hospital.
8) Staff and employees of NMMC Education Dept being sent for door to door service in detecting COVID-19 cases must be given life insurance scheme.
9) Ensure no delay in handing over death certificates.
10) Launch an independent investigation into the appointment of Dr Rahul Gethe in NMMC.
11) Make correction in the disparity of COVID numbers published by NMMC and Public Health Dept. of Maharashtra.
12) Launch immediate spraying and fumigation drive in Navi Mumbai for mosquito menace.
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 8.0
1) Inspection of poor quality ventilators at COVID Hospitals in Navi Mumbai.
2) Make NMMC Hospitals at Vashi COVID cases free.
3) Remain vigilant as Navi Mumbai battles humanity’s greatest unseen foe COVID-19.
4) Launch an immediate probe committee into appointment of Dr. Rahul Gethe in NMMC.
5) NMMC and Navi Mumbai Police must join forces in spreading COVID awareness in prevailing containment zones.
GANESH NAIK & ABHIJIT BANGAR 9.0
1) Open admission of non-COVID patients in Vashi’s NMMC Hospital from 21st September.
2) Implementation of an independent mechanism to aid citizens above 60 years of age.
3) Penalize violators of COVID-19 rules and regulations in the city.
4) Impose action if COVID cases record spike due to APMC being operational.
5) Administer special treatment for COVID patients consuming drugs.
6) Establish a real-time mechanism to offer transparency in information to families regarding health of their COVID affected kin.
With every meet having a rigorous follow up with the previous one, Former Minister and Airoli MLA Ganesh Naik and his force seems to remain unstoppable to combat COVID-19, with a war-footing approach as such Ganesh Naik, the people’s beloved leader is leaving no stone unturned in demanding speedy redressal to the citizens worrying issues.
With all efforts pumped in, we now wait to see how soon will the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation adhere and implement the demands kept by Ganesh Naik and how far will it go to offer Navi Mumbai the required sustenance to heal out of COVID.
– Marilyn Ravi, NMTV News