Airoli MLA Sandeep Naik went on an expedition with Maharashtra Forest Dept officials, NMMC officials and environment warriors to exvplore the present condition of Sulaidevi and Gawli Dev. For the unaware, Sulaidevi and Gavlidev are religious spots along the mountain range of Navi Mumbai. Between them, Gavlidev is the only waterfall under NMMC jurisdiction. Ever since Sandeep Naik became MLA from Airoli constituency, he has been persistently working on making both the places visitors-friendly, clean and secure. This time when he visited the areas, he tread the nature trail and took first hand report on the issues that visitors can face and the immediate steps that need to be taken to make both Sulaidevi and Sulaidevi visitors friendly and fit ahead of monsoon season, when the areas see scores of visitors. Post his interactions with forest officials, MLA Sandeep Naik listed the shortcomings of the work already completed and some that need to be take on priority.
• Emphasized on need of developing Sulaidevi and Gawlidev as a top class tourist destination
• Launch a cleanliness drive and awareness program for the area to make it clean of plastic and glass bottles
• Work on essentials including approach road, light and water
• Prioritize preventive maintenance of work already done
• Involve citizens in keeping the area clean and green
• Work in coordination to station a forest guard, Navi Mumbai police and NMMC security Saturdays and Sundays when visitor numbers are high
• Study and take steps to reduce forest fire that kills vegetation and plants
• Incorporating changes in patterns at Gawlidev and Sulaidevi that are urban forest by studying patterns of Japanese system
• Modern plantation should be done in the areas
• Involve citizens of city areas as much as villagers are involved in the entire process of cleaning and developing both religious places
• Tweak and execute the short term and long term plan to develop Gawlidev and Sulaidevi as top tourist destinations in Maharashtra.
In an exclusive interview with NMTV, Airoli MLA Sandeep Naik said that since Gawlidev and Sulaidevi are protected forest areas, any development or civil work here can be done by the forest department only.
• “ROAD, LIGHT & WATER ARE PRIORITIES”
The MLA said that NMMC has given Rs 2.88 Crores to forest dept. But they need permissions to execute the plan. For now they are adding more essentials to the plan like approach road, light and water so that they can get all permissions from the relevant committees and work on implementing the plan at the earliest.
• “LAUNCHING A CLEANLINESS DRIVE BEFORE MONSOON”
Airoli MLA Sandeep Naik said that they intend to launch a cleanliness drive in the area while also looking into preventive maintenance ahead of monsoon.
• “TEAM WORK OF FOREST DEPT., NMMC, TOURISM COMMITTEE AND NGOs CAN SPEED UP PROGRESS PLAN”
Airoli MLA Sandeep Naik said that with the joint efforts of Forest dept, NMMC, tourism committee, CSR and NGOs the plan to execute short term plans and long term plans for Gawlidev and Sulaidevi can be successfully achieved.