News

ANOTHER INCIDENT OF FIRE EXPOSES NON IMPLEMENTATION OF FIRE SAFETY NORMS AT TTC MIDC BELT

midc-fire-2Another incident of fire reported from Turbhe Industrial area has exposed the negligence on part of industries in implementing fire safety norms in their premises. But is the past cases are anything to go by, even this incident will be forgotten with no action being taken authorities. The recent spate of fire cases in the industrial belt is a warning sign. Such frequent cases of fire would have been a sensation in any other part of the world. Unfortunately, for Navi Mumbai – the matter is not getting the needed attention. The same can be summed up at the incident of fire at V N S Switch Gear at Turbhe. A major disaster was averted here as the company had a huge stock of cloth wrapped in plastic that would have gone up in flames due to the alleged negligence of the company. The fire started from the kitchen of the company situated on the second floor. For a difference of a few minutes, the fire that was averted from flaming up the section stocked with cloth. While the company claimed that the fire began due to a short circuit, the fire fighting officers said that there could have been other reasons. He further pointed out that the industry had no fire fighting equipments in place. Navi Mumbai News has been highlighting how through such cases of fire, while pollution level is increasing exponentially, the authorities are looking the other way. India is a land where the greatest chemical tragedy occurred known as the Hiroshima of Chemical Industry in the form of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy where 4000 persons perished in one life. But despite the many warning signals by increasing incidents of industrial fire, authorities choose to continue being lute spectators. Whether it is private housing societies, establishments or the industrial belt – gross violation of fire safety norms spells doom for the city.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close