FrontMumbaiNewsTop Stories

BMC informes Bombay High Court of repair 85 per cent potholes in the city

BMC informed the Bombay High Court of the progress of its pothole repairs; says remainder to be done before monsoon sets in

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation yesterday informed the Bombay High Court that it has repaired 85 per cent potholes in the city and the remaining 15 per cent would be done before the monsoon sets in.

The high court bench of Justices Shantanu Kemkar and MS Karnik was hearing a suo-moto petition on the issue of potholes across Mumbai. The court also questioned the civic body on the reason for discontinuing the special website on which citizens could upload pictures of potholes following which the BMC could repair it in 48 hours. The website was shut last May.

In its reply, the BMC cited high maintenance and a single bidder as reasons for the portal’s discontinuation. The bench also asked the BMC to advertise its newly-launched toll free numbers and a Facebook page, so that citizens could lodge complaints pertaining to potholes.

Representing BMC, senior counsel Anil Sakhare informed the bench that the BMC currently looks after 1,941.72 km of roads in the city. This includes 11 flyovers, 47 road over bridges (RoB), 104 bridges. He added, “We [BMC] have completed about 85 per cent pothole repair work and the reaming 15 per cent will be completed before the monsoon sets in.”

NMTV

NMTV was launched in the year 1999, and is Maharashtra only accredited 24-hour, 7-day-a-week local cable news station of Navi Mumbai airing news bulletins and programs in English, Hindi and Marathi. NMTV represents the state-of-the-art in local television news coverage, delivering on a commitment of responsible and community-oriented journalism on an around-the-clock basis.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close