FrontNavi MumbaiNewsTop Stories

Bombay High court rejects NMMC report on Illegal banners and hoardings

NMMC received another blow after Bombay high court rejected its affidavit on illegal banners and hoardings on Friday.

The court stated that the report, which was submitted earlier, is insufficient and ordered the civic body to file a detailed compliance report after taking necessary action against defacement in the city, said civic sources.

A show cause notice has also been issued to NMMC for contempt of court order. According to a senior civic official said, “The court has expressed dissatisfaction on our affidavit saying that our effort was insufficient to prevent defacement. We lacked in creating awareness through the media. Although we did built a website for citizens to register online complaints, it was not sufficient to fight the menace of illegal hoardings.”

The deadline for submission of a revised compliance report has been deferred to February 18 in lieu of January 26. So far, only four FIRs have been filed against individuals for putting up banners without permission and they do not belong to any political party, which have annoyed the division bench, comprising Justices Abhay Oka and C V Bhadang.Bombay High court

NMTV

NMTV was launched in the year 1999, and is Maharashtra only accredited 24-hour, 7-day-a-week local cable news station of Navi Mumbai airing news bulletins and programs in English, Hindi and Marathi. NMTV represents the state-of-the-art in local television news coverage, delivering on a commitment of responsible and community-oriented journalism on an around-the-clock basis.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close