Every time the elections draw near, the NMMC Standing Committee goes on a spree of approving proposals worth 100s of Crores without any debate or discussion. This week was no different. Dabang corporators and dabang contractors ensured work to the tunes of over Rs. 100 Crores was approved by the Standing Committee without having any discussions or debate on it. Lets’ take a look at the proposal approved :
• RS. 46 CRORES CONTRACT TO RONAK ADVERTISEMENT
• RS. 10 CRORES APPROX. CONTRACT TO SHREE ADVERTISING
• Rs. 13. 5 CRORES TO CLASSIC CONSTRUCTION IN WARD OF CORPORATORS ANJALI WALUNJ, LILADHAR NAIK, KISHOR PATKAR AND AVINASH LAD
• Rs. 12 CRORES APPROX. TO PRAVIN ENTERPRISES IN WARD OF CORPORATORS VISHAL SASANE & SHUBANGI PATIL
• Rs. 5.76 CRORES TO SHREE VENKETESHWARA INFRASTRUCTURE PVT. LTD. IN WARD OF CORPORATOR SHASHIKANT RAUT
• Rs. 3.76 CRORES TO AMDOC ENGINEERS IN WARD OF CORPORATOR PRAKASH MORE
• Rs. 3.12 CRORES TO A P CONSTRUCTION IN WARD OF CORPORATOR DEEPA GAVTE
• Rs. 2.92 CRORES TO PASHRVA CORPORATION IN WARD OF CORPORATOR SUJATA PATIL
• Rs. 2.18 CRORES TO A N SWAMI CONSTRUCTION IN WARD OF CORPORATORS RAVINDRA ITHAPE & SUNITA RATAN MANDVE
• Rs. 1.54 CRORES TO YASHRAJ INFRASTRUCTURE IN WARD OF CORPORATOR RICHA PATIL
• Rs. 54 LACS TO JAI SAI ENTERPRISES IN WARD OF CORPORATOR RAVINDRA ITHAPE
• Rs. 74 LACS TO M/s SO BEST SERVICES IN WARD OF CORPORATOR DAYAWATI SHEWALE
The NMMC Standing Committee approved Rs. 74 Lacs 34 Thousand 662 to M/s So Best Services for constructing storm water drains between Jai Jawan and Abhudaya Bank in Sector 17 Vashi in 6 months.
• Rs. 37 LACS TO J K CONSTRUCTION IN WARD OF CORPORATOR MANISHA BHOIR
• RS. 75 LACS TO JAI BHAVANI CONSTRUCTION IN WARD OF CORPORATOR KASHINATH PAWAR
Though these proposals were crucial, the NMMC Standing Committee Chairman took not more than a few minutes to approve them in one go.
Its look like tax payers hard earned money is all set to drained, as bribes to the Corporators so that they will work for their leaders in the elections season. The pattern of approvals of civic work in wards of opposition corporators also indicates how NCP might be trying to woo some in opposition parties too to cash on their support in the upcoming elections season. With bureau inputs, Zeba Warsia for NMTV News.