FrontNewsTop StoriesWorld

Dreams of many Scots shattered as Scotland fall short from becoming an independent country, UK

The results are finally declared, a result that became relief for many but at the same time dream shattering for many. Dream of all those Scottish who wanted to separate themselves from the United Kingdom were destroyed when the results were out. According to the result, 55 percent of the people in Scotland had voted to stay within UK as opposed to the other 45 percent who had voted for an independent Scotland.

Even for Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond the news turned out to be equally depressing who would had become the first Prime Minister if Scotland had gained their independency. However while addressing reporters and his people in Edinburgh, Alex accepted his defeat and requested his people to respect and obey the results of the polls. Soon after the speech, Alex Salmond gave out his resignation letter in the office. Kiran  Kidwai – International Desk, NMTV

NMTV

NMTV was launched in the year 1999, and is Maharashtra only accredited 24-hour, 7-day-a-week local cable news station of Navi Mumbai airing news bulletins and programs in English, Hindi and Marathi. NMTV represents the state-of-the-art in local television news coverage, delivering on a commitment of responsible and community-oriented journalism on an around-the-clock basis.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close