A major fire broke out at HDFC bank at Sanpada due to technical faults in the generator set. Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident. HDFC bank situated at sec 13 of Sanpada caught fire due to a technical default in its generator set. The fire brigade immediately arrived on site and the fire was controlled. Fortunately no one was injured. It is to be noted that the bank has been opened in a residential complex. Violating all norms, HDFC bank installed a generator set in the premises for an alternate source of electricity. Residents voiced insecurity due to this to NMTV News. Sources reveal that the builder of the complex Shah builders keeping all security norms at stake permitted the opening of the HDFC bank in the residential complex. The fire officer on site also admitted that he was not aware of any NOC being received here, but he did know that the bank was violating all fire safety norms. The fire has again exposed how big names in the industry like HDFC often violate norms and easily get away with the violations as well. With cameraperson Vikrant Baile, Sudhir Sharma for NMTV News.
March 10, 2008
September 18, 2012