Even as the world wrestles with the unprecedented implications of the COVID-19 pandemic, this human crisis has brought forth out the best, or more often the worst of the city leaders.
As the saying goes, “Comes The Hour, Comes The Man,” meaning that the right leaders come to fore during the times of crisis.
For leaders across the world, with COVID-19 crisis, came the hour- in Navi Mumbai it was this hour that made Former Minister and Airoli MLA Ganesh Naik to come out on the COVID Battle Field and stand out with focussed leadership skills in taking up and addressing real time issues faced by the citizens of Navi Mumbai amidst grappling the pandemic.
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic in the city saw missing leaderships which once did shine, Ganesh Naik irrespective of the age vulnerability has got on ground to assess the Navi Mumbai’s pandemic situation and has conducted various follow-ups with NMMC in formulating and implementing a well-developed COVID Action Plan in to combat the disease.
With continuous follow-ups taken with Former NMMC Commissioner Annasaheb Misal ahead of his transfer, Ganesh Naik now met the newly appointed NMMC Commissioner Abhijit Bangar to discuss Navi Mumbai’s COVID strategy and encouraged for proactive strategic measures to be taken by the civic body.
Even as concerns and suggestions were shared the main requests for immediate expedite were:
1) Making the NMMC Hospitals at Vashi, Nerul and Airoli open to public for non-COVID treatments.
2) Increasing rapid-antigen testing in the city.
3) Speeding up process of setting a NMMC laboratory in Navi Mumbai.
4) Making the two crucial injections Tocilizumab & Remdesivir available for both private and NMMC hospitals.
5) Both injections should be made free of cost fro those who cannot afford it.
6) Speeding up certificates for non-COVID patients to ensure their treatment for other health issues is not delayed in hospitals.
7) Making exclusive ‘only women’ COVID facilities in NMMC Hospitals at Vashi, Nerul and Airoli to ensure safety of women.
8) Increasing ICU beds, ventilators, other equipments and manpower as per expectations of COVID graph increasing in August.
9) Setting up CCTV Cameras at COVID Facility at Vashi Exhibition Center.
10) Launch one Helpline to give citizens information about COVID beds available and where.
11) Taking action against exorbitant billing by private hospitals.
12) Taking action against schools who are violating relaxations approved for parents to pay fees.
13) NMMC should make mobiles or tablets available for students hailing from economically weaker backgrounds in wake of online education.
The discussion meet was joined by Former Mayor J D Sutar, Former MP Sanjeev Naik, Former MLA Sandeep Naik, BJP Navi Mumbai President Ramchandra Gharat and others.
While Ganesh Naik has been constantly communicating with authorities and urging citizens to #StayHome and #StaySafe. He has also directed and ensured his party-men to be available 24×7 for the citizens in any emergency.
Its about time to reveal how speedily NMMC implements Ganesh Naik’s requests made in demand amid rising COVID-19 cases for the welfare of Navi Mumbai and its citizens.
– Marilyn Ravi, NMTV News