The diktat from the Chief Minister Devendra Fadavnis’s office is out and clear. Officers on deputation whose terms have ended should be transferred and there should not be any political pressure to bow down too. This has come as bad news for those NMMC officials who were sitting on plum posts in NMMC for years now. The list includes :
NMMC Additional Commissioner Ankush Chavan
Dy. Municipal Commissioner Babasaheb Ranjale
Dy. Municipal Commissioner Umesh Wagh
Dy. Municipal Commissioner Trupti Sandbhor
Chief Audit and Finance Officer Dhanraj Gharad and
NMMC TPO Kishor Agraharkar
While the orders for transfer of Dy. Municipal Commissioner Babasaheb Ranjale has come, the orders for the transfers of others is still awaited. As new of transfer reached the administrative corridors of NMMC HQ in Belapur, sources reveal that the officials on deputation have already started lobbying to retain their posts or demand better ones with their political god-fathers. These sources shared names of the political god fathers and alleged that
- NMMC Additional Commissioner Ankush Chavan is lobbying with NCP Maharashtra President Sunil Tatkare
- Dy. Municipal Commissioner Umesh Wagh is lobbying with Opposition Leader Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil
- Dy. Municipal Commissioner Trupti Sandbhor is lobbying with Education Minister Vinod Tawde
- NMMC TPO Kishor Agraharkar is lobbying with Thane Guardian Minister Eknath Shinde
- Chief Audit and Finance Officer Dhanraj Gharad is lobbying with Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse.
Its alleged that these officers were working in local self governing bodies or with the offices of theses Ministers, and the Urban Development Dept. did not follow any rules while deputing them to higher posts in NMMC. Activists are demanding investigation in the transfers. Bureau report – NMTV News.