The Modi Tsu-Namo that has stunned not just India but even the world; has established all facts as results started pouring in. One being that the much-hyped Raj Thackeray factor has failed to impact the votes of the saffron BJP Shiv Sena alliance. During the campaign of Lok Sabha elections, videos and parts of speeches of the Raj Thackeray rallies received unprecedented response by going viral and even the BJP had at one point seemed to be running out of patience. So much so that even the Election Commission tried to put a brake to it by checking the legalities of the expenditure incurred on Thackeray’s rallies. As the campaign came to an end, Raj Thackeray became the new hero of the opposition Congress NCP alliance that had no leader to match the oratory skills of Raj Thackeray. Unfortunately, this could not save the Congress NCP alliance or its candidates. With the exceptions of Supriya Sule in Baramati and Udayanraje Bhosale in Satara where both hold her own, allcandidates that Raj Thackeray indirectly campaigned were defeated.
• The biggest shocker was the defeat of Maharashtra Congress President and Nanded candidate Ashok Chavan lost against BJP’s Pratap Patil.
• Mawal’s NCP candidate Parth Pawar defeated by Shiv Sena’s Shrirang Barne
• South Mumbai’s Congress candidate Milind Deora lost to Shiv Sena’s Arvind Sawant
• Bhiwandi’s Congress candidate Suresh Taware defeated by BJP’s Kapil Patil
• Mumbai North East’s NCP Candidate Sanjay Patil defeated by BJP’s Manoj Kotak