FrontNewsSportsTop Stories

The Shastri-Ganguly battle continues, Ravi Shastri snaps back at Sourav Ganguly’s comment

The showdown between former India captains Sourav Ganguly and Ravi Shastri got uglier as the latter chose to retaliate after Ganguly said that Shastri should have been in the national coach selection interview instead of holidaying in Bangkok.

The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President had lashed out at Shastri saying the Mumbaikar was ‘living in a fool’s world’ if he held him responsible for not getting the coveted India coach’s job.

Being pipped by Anil Kumble for chief coach’s post, Shastri created a controversy when he said that, Ganguly, part of the three-member high-powered Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) was not present during his interview which he found to be “disrespectful”.

A furious Ganguly gave it back to Shastri questioning the former India all-rounder’s ‘seriousness’ while giving an interview while ‘holidaying in Bangkok’.

“I just feel his (Shastri) comments are very personal. If Ravi Shastri feels that Sourav Ganguly was responsible for him not being the India coach, he is living in a fool’s world,” an angry Ganguly had opened up before the media.

However, Shastri, is not one who would back down as he explained the reason for which he wasn’t present in the interview which took place on June 21.

“I got communication from the BCCI on the 19th (June) that the interview is on the 21st (June). I had left for Thailand on the 15th. No one knew at that time when the interview would be. And their mail categorically said that since it (the interview call) is at short notice I could make myself available on Skype at a particular time,” Shastri was quoted as saying by ET Panache.

“I was out of the country and the BCCI did give me the option of Skype. Besides, Tom Moody and some other candidates did the interview on Skype. What’s the difference? In this day and age, half the world operates on video-conferencing,” he said.

He then decided to lash out on Ganguly bringing forward the same point for which he had earlier thought the Prince of Kolkata was at fault. “At least the people who are on the committee should be there (for the interview). One, as a respect to the guy being interviewed and two, to the job you’ve been given,” Shastri signed off.

NMTV

NMTV was launched in the year 1999, and is Maharashtra only accredited 24-hour, 7-day-a-week local cable news station of Navi Mumbai airing news bulletins and programs in English, Hindi and Marathi. NMTV represents the state-of-the-art in local television news coverage, delivering on a commitment of responsible and community-oriented journalism on an around-the-clock basis.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close