In what is being termed as a big jolt to NCP and particularly Ganesh Naik in Navi Mumbai, Dy. Shiv Sena leader and In what is being termed as a big jolt to NCP and particularly Ganesh Naik in Navi Mumbai, Dy. Shiv Sena leader and former NMMC Commissioner Vijay Nahata has been appointed as Chairperson of Mumbai Slum-Improvement Board while Narendra Patil is Chairman of Annasaheb Patil Financial Development Corporation.
VIJAY NAHATA WILL UPLIFT PERFORMANCE OF MUMBAI SLUM-IMPROVEMENT BOARD
Vijay Nahata is a former IAS and worked in various administrative posts across the state. His experience will help to bring solutions to the slums which houses the poor with better planning and development.
MATHADI LEADER NARENDRA PATIL GETS POWER TO ADDRESS MATHADI ISSUES
While its often alleged that NCP has used Narendra Patil and his father’s legacy as vote bank without doing justice to solutions or relief for Mathadi workers. This post will help Narendra Patil to address the age old issues of Mathadi workers. It may be recalled that Narendra Patil had helped BJP’s Niranjan Dhavkhare to win the Teacher Constituency from Raigad from BJP.
BOOST TO THAKURS IN PANVEL
Also, Panvel BJP MLA Prashant Thakur has been given the coveted Chairmanship of CIDCO, making him probably the youngest MLA to take charge of the crucial Chairman’s office in CIDCO. Panvel MLA Prashant Thakur’s CIDCO Chairmanship gives a big boost to BJP as most of the CIDCO related issues of 12.5% PAPs homes regularization, redevelopment of dilapidated CIDCO homes across Navi Mumbai, Panvel & Raigad.
Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis made the announcements while other appointments pending for long were also announced. Here is the list :
- Shiv Sena Dy. Leader Vijay Nahata, Chairman, Mumbai Slum-Improvement Board
- Panvel BJP legislator Prashant Thakur, Chairman CIDCO
- Ratnagiri Shiv Sena MLA Uday Samant, Chairman, Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority
- Shiv Sena politician leader Vinod Ghosalkar, Chairman, Mumbai Repair Board
- BJP leader Madhu Chavan, Chairman, Mumbai Housing Board.
- Narendra Patil, Chairman, Annasaheb Patil Financial Development Corporation
- Sandeep Joshi, Chairman, Maharashtra Small Scale Industries Development Corporation
- Haji Arafat Shaikh, Chairman of State Minorities Commission
- Jagannath Abhyankar, Vice-President, Minorities Commission
- Jyoti Thakre, Chairman, Mahil Arthik Vikas Mahamandal
- Jagdish Dhodi, Vice-Chairman, Konkan Irrigation Development Corp,
- Ashish Jaiswal, Chairman, Maharashtra State Mining Corporation
- Prakash Nakul Patil, Chairman of the State Handloom Corporation.
The move of giving lucrative posts to Shiv Sena leaders is being seeing as a crucial indicator at a time when Shiv Sena and BJP ties in the state are on the verge of collapse. It raises speculations of the attempts from BJP to thaw the differences with Shiv Sena, more so after the two calls made by PM Narendra Modi to Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray last month.
SETBACK TO GANESH NAIK IN NAVI MUMBAI
In Navi Mumbai, the appointments of Vijay Nahata, Prashant Thakur and Narendra Patil is being seen as a setback to the Ganesh Naik led NCP. While Vijay Nahata is Ganesh Naik’s main political opponent for assembly elections 2019, Naik camp has always tread caution with Narendra Patil who is often seen as Shiv Sena leader Vijay Chougule’s ‘close friend’. As for Prashant Thakur’s appointment as CIDCO Chairman, this particularly will hit the morale of Sanjeev Naik, who despite being a MP at that time and highest level of lobyying with NCP party Chief Sharad Pawar and MP Supriya Sule, was not given the post of CIDCO Chairman. These appointments will make Vijay Nahata and Narendra Patil politically stronger and increases the challenges for NCP in the coming days in Navi Mumbai.
CHALLENGES MOUNT FOR SANDEEP NAIK IN AIROLI
With Airoli constituency getting an BJP MLC Ramesh Dada Patil and elevation of Narendra Patil as Chairman of Annasaheb Patil Financial Development Corporation, its going to affect the chances of Airoli MLA Sandeep Naik in the coming Assembly election. The appointments are being seen as a masterstroke by CM Devendra Fadnavis to boost BJP’s strength in Airoli Constituency. On the eve of elections season there can be more shifting of loyalties , parties & power. Only time will tell who are the masters of destiny. Bureau report – NMTV News.